3rd fish

rems

Reefing newb
I need help figuring out the type of fish I am going to have in my aquarium. I would like to have a clownfish (probably percula), a flame angel and one more. Can someone please help decide what fish would go good with these two other fish? Also, is it ok if I just have one clownfish or should I have two?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!:sfish:

A 20 gallon isn't really big enough for a flame angel.

I'd go with a pair of clowns and a bottom-dweller. A goby or a blenny would be a good addition.

Plus my local fish store said that I can buy a fish and then when it gets too big then I can give it back and exchange it for a new fish. So I could always have a flame angel and when it gets too big I can exchange it for a new baby flame angel.

I personally think you would be better off with something else. I have a dwarf angelfish in a 29 gallon, and he is a big jerk. His minimum tank size has recently been upgraded from 30 gallons to 70 so I am considering re-homing him.

additional concern.. putting a fish in a tank and planning to remove it when it is big is not as easy as it sounds.. in an established tank.. you will wreck it to catch a fish that knows the rock formation.

You obviously haven't had to remove a fish from a tank before

Trust me on this, I can tell you from experience you do not want to have to do this. Choose wisely and stock your tank correctly

Of course your LFS will sell you a fish at full price, and 6 months to a year later take it from you and give you a credit for 10% of what they sold it to you for... But that's just not a good habit to get into IMO

You obviously haven't had to remove a fish from a tank before

Trust me on this, I can tell you from experience you do not want to have to do this. Choose wisely and stock your tank correctly

Of course your LFS will sell you a fish at full price, and 6 months to a year later take it from you and give you a credit for 10% of what they sold it to you for... But that's just not a good habit to get into IMO

and if the fish is a good bit larger they will make a killing on the price increase... taking back fish that have out grown a tank is smart business.

Back