40b peninsula

texreefer

Battle Dwarf
I will start my thread with some older pics from when the tank was started. Some pics are decent while others could use a little help. This build came from me being stir crazy, and wanting to see what I could come up with, without any plans. My woodworking skills are sub-par at best, but I feel that it turned out pretty good for a (go with the flow) type of build.

Equipment List :
40b AGA
20L AGA sump/fuge
MP20
Quiet One 3000 return
1x 150w MH 20k
2x 18" VHO Super Actinic on Ice Cap 430
2x koralia 1
Reef Octopus NWB 110 skimmer

LIVESTOCK :
1x figi tomato clown
1x yellow clown goby
1x yasha goby
1x engineer goby
1x tailspot blenny
2x sexy shrimp
2x randalls pistol shrimp
1x serpent star
2x false percs
2x pajama cardinal
1x purple pseudo
1x blue velvet nudi (taking care of FW outbreak)

Coral :
GSP
Pulsing Xenia
Pink Trachy
Green Trachy
Green Candy Cane
Galaxia
Green Frogspawn
Orange Torch
Green Toadstool Leather
Various Acans
Various Zoas
Fuzzy Shrooms
Purple Plate w/ Green tentacles
Unknown Chalice
Seasons Greetings Montipora

sure there is more, just cant think of it right now

pics are coming

Attachments

• 40raw1.jpg
    40raw1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 411
  • 40raw2.jpg
    40raw2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 40raw3.jpg
    40raw3.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 385
  • 40paint1.jpg
    40paint1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 440
  • 40paint2.jpg
    40paint2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 404
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 420
  • frogspawn.jpg
    frogspawn.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 398
  • 40live3.jpg
    40live3.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 394
  • 40live2.jpg
    40live2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 532
  • 40live1.jpg
    40live1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 378
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 384
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
only thing i wish i had done different was the plumbing. should have drilled it, i will be moving the tank soon to be able to re-finish the hardwood floors so maybe drill it then. Thanks again for all of the kind words

I know it has been a VERY long time since I have updated this thread. (sorry)

The inhabitants inside the tank are doing very well with the exception of my engineer goby who sadly decided to go carpet surfing when I was out of town. Then a few days ago I was doing some major maintenance on the tank, I noticed that the glass was bowing pretty badly. Not really wanting the "Bow Front" look I have decided to retire this tank and replace it with a 48x20x25 ~100gallon. I will be picking it up today and will begin the work of constructing this beast. I will warn you ahead of time THIS BUILD WILL BE A VERY SLOW PROCESS. I will be adding a sump room to my garage as well as dedicated electrical, so this will be more that just setting up a new tank. All livestock will have a temporary home until the build is complete, at which time they will be relocated to the final home. I have a couple of quick sketches of my plans, they were done on paint and will be converted to google sketch-up for a more professional look for the build thread. The full setup will include - 100g display - 40g sump - 20g Long refugium - ehiem 1262 return pump - reef octopus skimmer(s) - mp40 - k3's x 2 - BRS GFO reactor - BRS Carbon reactor - undecided controller.

The Fuge will sit above and behind the 40g sump , it will have its own return pump, and will drain through a CPR CS50 HOB overflow.

Here is a sneak peak of what is to come :

Attachments

• TankBuild 1.jpg
    TankBuild 1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 576
  • TankBuild 2.jpg
    TankBuild 2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 703
Back