40breeder lighting question

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
I'm not quite ready to start my new build thread yet but I wanted to ask this question. For this tank I'm thinking LEDs or t5. If i go the LEDs route it will definitely be diy. I've been toying with 2deep red, 2turqouise, 8true violet, 24royal blue, 8neutrals, 4CW. Total 48 LEDs. But if I go the t5 route I have no idea which one to get. I've never owned a t5 fixture so i dont know what to look for. On my 10g I have a diy led fixture so that's all I've seen/toyed with. Any help is appreciated. Thnx yall

If you go T5 fixture, I'd look into the nova extreme pros. They're a great light and very affordable. For the LEDs, have you looked at the UV LEDs at all? I know there are some fixtures out there starting to add them in.

The watts per bulb is based on length. 39 is what would be in a 3 foot lamp. I would get a 4xT5 with two actinic 460 and two 10,000 K.

ATI blue plus bulbs are actually the best, they have the highest tested output right now. But, you could mix in other bulbs like Fiji Purple, Purple Plus, or Actinic to get the color you're looking for in your tank.

Back