6-line wrasse

slm32123

Reefing newb
I am trying to catch my 6-line wrasse. he has caused my firefish to constantly hide unless its feeding time. and i want to be able to put more fish in the tank, but can't get any that i like that are compatible with my clown and firefish with my 6-line in there. I chased him around with a net for about 10 mins and decided to set up a one way trap, knowing my luck, the hole at the end of the funnel will be big enough for him to swim back out. but i am gunna let it sit in there, and hopefully he will swim in while im close by. he keeps going and sticking his head in the end of the funnel then swims back out!:frustrat:

Your firefish will probably hide even after you take out the 6 line..thats what they do... but try leaving your net in the tank for a day or 2 and continue feeding the fish. After awhile the fish will get used to the net and as soon as you drop food into the tank net the wrassie. Thats how I catch fish in a 210 gallon tank :bowdown:

yeah thats what i was trying today, but he knows what the net is since i had to catch him once before. they are sworn enemies. almost like the net talks to him and is like, "im gunna get chya ima gunna get chya!!!!!! hahahaha!"

no need... my quick 15 second diy fish trap was a success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D lol

Back