75 gallon start up

rotary4life

Reefing newb
as the title says i have a 75 gallon fish tank. I am currently working on building it a stand so it sits at eye level. for cleaning i am either going to buy or make my own 30 gallon sump tank hidden underneath it. Im having the closes saltwater fish shop drill it for me so i can keep most piping hidden and leave it to be just my tank as a display. i want a reef, but i want a decent amount of beautiful colored fish. a small reef like structure would be alright i just want i guess the perfect setup for what i want. i know people try this people do this, but i want to add the fish from finding nemo...please dont judge me i got 2 little boys who love the movie and the fish in real life look just as beautiful. I am also curious as to what would work well with others such as, fish, shrimp, corals, and crabs. Im not going to stuff the tank full obviously thats just going to kill them. I am just curious as to what fish can live with certain shrimp corals and crabs. I've watched and heard of pistol shrimp and always thought they were cool from watch discovery channel when i was a kid, but peppermint shrimp or harlequin shrimp. also certain starfish i talk to one guy at the local fish store he said some starfish just die. everything dies its a matter of time so i still dont understand him on that, but whatever.

So if anyone could help me or everyone really. I would like to know how everything would work. and i would like a small coral or reef setup soft coral prefer.

Any help and all help would be much appreciated!

Hello and Welcome!

I would suggest sticking with a pair of clown fish and the bicolor dottyback from Finding Nemo, the rest arent reef safe, wont do well in a 75 gal tank or just dont do well in captivity all together.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Bicolor Dottyback
(I think he was in finding nemo...)

That is a great site to learn about the fish you are interested in keeping. Be sure to check if they are reef safe, their aggression level, what they need to eat and the minimum tank size.

yeah the dotty was the gay one haha SHAWK! HE HASN'T BEEN DECONTAMINATED YET!...think thats how you spell that...so the blue tang isnt a good choice or the yellow long nose something i forget...what about the black snapper like i said beautiful colors and it has a cool/nice design to its body

yeah the dotty was the gay one haha SHAWK! HE HASN'T BEEN DECONTAMINATED YET!...think thats how you spell that...so the blue tang isnt a good choice or the yellow long nose something i forget...what about the black snapper like i said beautiful colors and it has a cool/nice design to its body

I think you are thinking of Bubbles, the Yellow Tang. He is the one that is afraid of contamination and loves bubbles. If you got him small he would probably do ok in a 75g but once he gets full grown it might be a little cramped for him.

Hello and Welcome!

I would suggest sticking with a pair of clown fish and the bicolor dottyback from Finding Nemo, the rest arent reef safe, wont do well in a 75 gal tank or just dont do well in captivity all together.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Bicolor Dottyback
(I think he was in finding nemo...)

That is a great site to learn about the fish you are interested in keeping. Be sure to check if they are reef safe, their aggression level, what they need to eat and the minimum tank size.

Actually I don't think it was a dottyback. I think it was a royal gramma.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Royal Gramma Basslet

all i know it was purple and yellow and he yelled for the french shrimp dude
yeah the yellow tang loves the bubbles its the dottyback or royal gramma look almost alike that hated the dirt

bigger is better for the sump, more water volume will help maintain parameters. i would go with the biggest that will fit (20-30 gallons) also keep in mind room for storage if needed/wanted.

Back