76 Gallon Oceanic Half Circle

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was just kidding;)
It drives me nuts that everyone thinks their stuff is "new" and "in". Why the prices? Am I paying for your kids college? I'll set and wait on those corals as well as most of us, they will come down or they set on them and a year later I got that scoly for 40 bucks. True story. Sorry for the high jack, I don't know if you're an enthusiast or a crook seller, I hope that everyone reads this post and understands that corals aren't expensive, it's the folks that think their stuff is gold. Take the fancy name off that coral and all you have is......... a coral.

shipping is a killer....what can i say, at the end of the day i know scoly's are the most expensive things we have in the store not to mention it is neon orange with neon green streaks...since we have 4,000 gallons under 1 roof best believe we have alot of 10.00 items for the man with a budget!

Now now, don't fib lol. I get the same lists your store does ;). Tridents and even some Bleeding Apples can range from 30-60 with shipping depending on the size. Even more exotic ones range from 60-90. Transhippers, wholesalers, local breeders, and local coral farmers. I deal with em all. 350$ is still a HUGE mark up lol :p

so your LFS grows things out for a year and then sell's them for a even cheaper price after all the love and care it takes to keep them growing and happy? Sounds like a bad business model to me. I know if we grow things out it will only get more expensive the longer you wait. We also don't trans ship since so much of it doesn't make it once it gets dropped in the average home aquarium. Not to mention all the crazy stuff that rides along pest wise in the shipment. Our stuff has been growing under our roof in middle america for almost a decade now!.Which is well over 400 types of coral. So we pretty much know all of our coral will thrive in your home aquarium.

Nah, we aren't a LFS. It's a buddy and me doing this to help people get pieces they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. And that's odd that you say you lose a lot of stuff. As far as corals go, we don't lose very much at all. Fish on the other hand, are a different story. If you take a look through my other thread. You'll see a several pictures of our set ups. A little over 1500 gallons worth of tanks with all stuff from transshippers that has been thriving in a "home aquarium" set up. And, hitchhikers and pests can pretty much all be treated for. Dipping with all sorts of stuff helps prevent anything. We also QT everything new that comes in to watch for any potential problems before introducing it to any systems. So yeah, just about everything I have in my DTs and tons of customer DTs have all been through transshippers, and have been thriving for quite some time. From Softies, SPS, Anemones, Clams, Sponges, and Gorgs. We have great success with our methods. Probably also helps that my buddy has had saltwater tanks since the early 70s. So, as far as knowledge goes, he's learned the ins and outs through mistakes over the past 30-40 years. We can undersell you since we don't have a over heard, and aren't looking to make money. Breaking even in order to continue doing it is all we care about :)

those tank pics are nothing to bost about bro. All i hear is that you dip alot...which we dont have to since we dont trans ship lol...all of your pictures are brown and i see alot of algae which isnt the good purple kind mixed with patches of death lmao at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding...most of my pictures are to large to fit on here but im sure you could check us out on instagram to see some REAL healthy tanks...coralguy...but thank you for taking my simple sharing experience to a whole new level!

Last edited:
Keep in mind, anything you can get, I can get, for a lot cheaper ;). That's funny how you see death. In the pics I just posted in my biocube thread, I don't see a single dead piece. But, it's okay. You can insult. I priced a three toned scoly out already. With shipping it's 90$. So, you sell your stuff for 350$... one every month or so. And I'll keep selling 10 of them just as fast :)! My 6-8" Blue Maximas which sell for 90$ go just about as fast as I can get them in. How many do you sell a week? Insulting isn't necessary. All we were trying to do was tell you that you are on the wrong forum to be trying to convince people that 350$ for a Scoly is a great price. No one here is dumb enough to pay prices like that.

Edit: And yes, I dip everything I get. Just like I QT everything I get. From mom and pop stores, to trans shippers, to stuff that's grown in peoples tanks. Did you just blatantly insult me for dipping as if that was a incorrect thing to do? Lol? I suppose treating fish with Ich with copper is also a laughable concept? Or even Hypo? Let me guess, next you're going to tell me that running a reef tank between 1.023 and 1.026 is completely wrong next?

Last edited:
All I see on your site is over priced stuff. 20$ PP for fruitloops. and 15$ PP for Rhastas. I see Acros for 20-60 for 1.5" pieces. I see GSP for 15$ for a 1"x1" piece. For a 3"x3" piece of GSP I usually charge 10$. The most I'd ever sell a 1.5" acro for is 20$. And Fruitloops are 10$ pp till 5 and then the price drops to 5 for 40$. Rhastas are the same thing. So, like I said before, anything you can get, I can get. And since I don't rip people off, they are much more inclined to deal with me. What do you sell Wyoming White Clowns for? I sell them for between 40-60$. My Xenia is a 3"x3" piece with multiple stalks with countless heads for 10$. You can't compete bud, sorry.

I don't know how it's turned like this, but my question is how did we get dealers on here? Don't we have to pay to be a sponsor of our website? Is this tank your house tank or your business tank? Illeagal? Moderator?

Back