8 Gallon Tank-cycling

Kevinguyen

Reefing newb
2lvd3q1.jpg

This is my first saltwater tank. Its in its 12 or 13 day of cycling. I noticed that theres some little white stuff that has been settling on the surface of the water.
2i0yhq1.jpg

Its all over the surface of my water. Is this normal for a cycling tank? Its definitely not dust.

You can lay a paper towel on top of the water to try and remove of the protein that is already build up, but increasing the flow on the surface should prevent it.

LOL I dont think its as common as you think.....My mom has been in the hobby for about 10 years now and NEVER had this suggested to her.......Ill be sure to do that though

I'd add a little Koralia Nano power head to get some water movement going. You will want some rippling effect on the water surface.

I'd add a little Koralia Nano power head to get some water movement going. You will want some rippling effect on the water surface.
I already have the power-head going, pumping at 250GPH. But a mini Koralia would be a really good idea though. And itll look better than the powerhead. Thanks for the reply btw.

Back