90 Gallon upgrade!

vonjankmon

Reefing newb
Upgrading from a 55 Gallon.

My new 90:
DT8-20-10.jpg

Not a whole lot of live rock and a bunch of seagrass. I've got Turtle grass, Manatee Grass, and Shoal grass in there. Hoping they all grow well but thought I would cover my all my bases just in case some didn't. Splitting the return from a QuietOne pump and then I have a Vortech MP40W on the other side of the tank set on Lagoon mode. Right now I have 5 Red Spot Cardinelfish, a Firefish (who is hiding non stop now), a Black Sailfin Blenny, and a pair of Steinitz Gobies with a Tiger Snapping shrimp in it. I have a pair of Erectus seahorses I am currently holding in a 10 gallon until I can confirm there are no problems with the new setup that I will be introducing to the DT in a couple of days.

30 Gallon Sump w/ Protein Skimmer rated to 160 gallons, algae scrubber, heater, and some extra live rock I didn't have room for.
equipmentroom.jpg

Algae Scrubber Setup.jpg

20 Gallon High Refug that I plumbed in using the Rena XP3 from my old setup. I drilled the tank for a return and then just left the Xp3 empty. It was cheaper than buying another pump. The Refug is honestly just a LR holding container, the DT has 5-6 inches of sand but I didn't want a lot of rock in it so I filled the Refug with it. I have a tree sponge that suffered in my old tank and a couple of other small sponges that I got on some LR in it right now that I am trying to get to recover and prosper.
refug8-20-10.jpg

And a picture of the Red Spot Cardinelfish, I really like the little guys. Just wish my firefish would come out so I could have all of my mid water fish out and about.

redspotcaridnel8-20-10.jpg

Getting a bit of diatom build up and some turf algae so it will take a bit before the tank really settles in but I've been testing for 5 days since it was setup and NO3 stays at about 10ppm and everything else Nitrite, Ammonia, and Phosphate all reading 0. Temperature of the tank ranges from about 73.5 to 75 degrees but I've been working on regulating that a bit more to keep it stable all day long. Calcium is staying at 440 and Alk at 9dkh but the tank is so new it will be a while before I see if I have to mess with those any.

Back