911 for Dragon Goby

Good to hear! At this point, you are doing the right thing by feeding him whatever he will eat. Pudding, jello and ice cream aren't the best foods for us, but when we feel bad, we need to take what we can get. ;)

Today Digger has spent a lot of time out of his cave and swimming around the tank. The swelling on his mouth has gone done significantly. The uninjured side of his mouth looks normal now. I fed some small pieces of clam meat to see how he would do. Digger was actually able to pick food up off the sand and eat it. It was so nice to see him eat something except small pieces of flake food. I believe he is going to completely recover. He may always have a partially deformed mouth, but he seems to be adjusting nicely. Maybe one day soon he will actually start sifting sand again.

Digger is almost back to normal. He is eating frozen food again instead of just flake. He is also swimming all over the tank and can catch his own food. His mouth has healed and looks wonderful.He still isn't sifting sand yet but the way he has recovered I don't think it will be long and he will start sifting again.

He's one tough cookie and never gave up. I think he even knows I was trying to help him. When I walk up to the tank, he will come out of his cave and greet me.

Thanks again to everyone for your support, suggestions and encouragement. :bounce:

Digger has fully recovered! He has started sifting sand again. His mouth has healed and you can't tell where he was injured. Now when I walk up to the tank he doesn't duck into his cave, he watches me while I watch him! Thanks to everyone for your comments and encouragement during this ordeal. I was really worried Digger wasn't going to recover :^:

Unfortunately Digger has died.

He was doing so well and all the sudden he basically just stopped eating. I tried putting food in and around his cave. He would pick at the food eating a little then he would just sit and watch all the other fish eat.

I guess his injury was just to much for him. He was a fighter and didn't give up easily. For awhile he seemed to have completely recovered and then he just lost the battle.

:sad::sad::sad:

Back