A couple questions.

Spaz059

Reefing newb
I just ordered my first two fish, a pair of Picasso Clowns. When they come in what is an effective way of acclimating them?

The second question is since I put my HOB protein skimmer in I have noticed a spike in micro bubbles I believe, the tank just looks like it has small bubbles everywhere in it. Is there a way of reducing this?

this is what i use to acclimate my fish.
control the drip with the blue valve.
The other hose is super glued in about half way up and runs down to a empty gallon jug.
i used a large glad storage container to hold the fish.
as the water dips in the water level rises and goes out the other tube and in to the empty jug.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 171
When it come to acclimating fish. I like to drip just long enough for the salinity of the shipping bag to match the tank.Float for 15 or 20 minutes before starting the drip to equalize the temp difference.

How new is your skimmer? All new skimmers need a break in period.The bubbles will usually slow down after that.

Yote thanks for the answer on the skimmer, it was just the break in time that took a little longer than I expected. But as I have learned so far patience is key!

I will have to make up one of these simple rigs for acclimating, seems pretty easy but way more intensive than freshwater.

Back