A fish and a coral (?)

Kizmar

#derpface
Two pictures:

Can anyone tell me what type of fish this is?
photo.jpg

This is a bad picture, but I got a few peices of coral yesterday. I didn't notice until I got home that one has a couple little pods of (I think) coral on them. The larger one looks like a green flower that's orange with the blue lights on. The small pod is the same thing but doesn't open up like the other one. Wondering if anyone can tell me what type of coral this is... or if it's even a coral?
identify-coral.jpg

Thanks!

Looks like a young Paracheilinus lineopunctatus (line spot flasher). If you can add a female or two, it'll change colors (flash) to attract the females.

Oops, that first "coral" should be "liverock". :)

I didn't actually buy that red fish, saw him at a pet store. He was new. Thought his top fin looked cool. The whole flashing thing sounds neat too.

I'll have to dig around for pictures of mushrooms and see if it matches. Thanks!

That definately seems to look like a Green Fluorescent Mushroom. How fast do those usually grow? Should I do anything special for it?

Not alot of flow, any type of lighting, dont need feeding really, and then they just split themselves, real easy to care for.

Back