A Hitchhiker good/bad

OceanCrazy1

Reefing newb
hey guys after doing my weekly maintenance of my tanks water change and water tests i saw 2 of there guys and i would like to know if its good or bad. No wonder i never saw them before, cause they are the same color as my coral.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 499
looks like a nudibranch. pull it out and any more you see. They are coral eaters, and you will also have to try and locate the egg sacs.

thanks for the Id, i was hoping it would be good , now I've lost that hope :-) can you please help by telling me if there is any specific way to get him out.
thanks again for the help

You will need to dip your corals, specifically all your zoanthids. Nudis eat specific things, so if you found them on zoas, they probably only eat zoas. You will need to buy a coral dip and follow the directions. In the future, be careful where you buy your corals and rock from (some stores don't care if they sell you pests), and dip every coral before you add it to your tank.

You will need to dip your corals, specifically all your zoanthids. Nudis eat specific things, so if you found them on zoas, they probably only eat zoas. You will need to buy a coral dip and follow the directions. In the future, be careful where you buy your corals and rock from (some stores don't care if they sell you pests), and dip every coral before you add it to your tank.

Thanks a lot for the help, i really appreciate it.
here where I live they don't really guide you, may be they are not that experience or maybe its just business to them. I don't know.
Do nudibranch camouflage to blend cause i have had this coral for a while and only today that i saw them beeing that they are the same color.

Yeah take a tip for me if you don't find every last one and the egg's you could and more than likely will end up with stripped colony's. They are nasty little buggers they went through 4 of my colony's before I was able to take them out for good... Even if you dip they can hitch hike on LR also so just keep your eyes peeled...

Back