A Little Help

BryanS

Reefing newb
Can someone please tell me what they are, where i should put them as far as light and flow, and do i need to feed them, and can i feed them if i want to if so what can i feed them?

DSCN0694.jpg

DSCN0693.jpg

DSCN0692.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

DSCN0680.jpg

ill take a crack at id
1. pink eye mummy chalice
2. maby a small avelpora
3. some kind of favia
4. dark night montipora
5. some kind of a clove maby?

i'm only a few months into saltwater reefing so i could be wrong but hope this helps

Last edited:
1. Chalice, low-moderate lighting, medium flow. Feed small brine, cyclops, or filter feeder food

2. Looks like maybe a pagoda cup coral, medium light and flow, can feed brine shrimp and plankton

3. Favia Brain, medium light and flow, feed brine and plankton (at night when feeder tentacles come out)

4. Looks like an SPS, not sure

5. Clove polyps, medium flow and lighting, feed plankton and other filter feeder foods

Can someone tell me what this is? I really like it, I thought it was a zoa but I'm not sure it is anymore. the polyps really extend, and they can close all the way up

They are all extended now like the couple in this picture

DSCN0700.jpg

That looks like a goniopora frag. They aren't usually sold on frag plugs like that. They are pretty difficult to keep and require feedings to stay healthy.

One more qeustion, when im feeding everything do I need to try and feed each mouth or just one. I guess what im asking is is one mouth eats will it support the whole thing or just that one?

Back