a newbies tank

i have an empty 10ft wall that i could stick an 8ft tank there lol, not in it but infront. the only thing is the expense of running that thing and setting it up lol so im aiming for just a good size :D

im short too so i cant have tall tanks or ill never reach the bottom without a ladder lol

The great thing about a 75/90g is that they have the same 48" lighting requirements, but with more space front to back to aquascape. A 55g is just way too constrictive, and it's just as frustrating as something smaller.

With a bigger tank, you'll be able to stack the rocks a few inches off the back glass, which will enable you to reach back there with a scraper or mag float. A 55g just isn't worth it.

cool, thanks, i will think about the 75, a 90 sounds like it might stick out from the wall a little too far..that wall is right in between 2 walkways so unless i want to slam into it in the middle of the night i better go with the 75 lol

A 75 and 90 are the same width. (18" across). A 55g is only 12". If space is an issue you might not have any other choice.

Of course, Great Lakes Aquariums sells an 8ft x 1ft x 1ft. :D

Back