A novices attempt at 75 gallons

You can get plexiglass at Home Depot or Lowe's. Lowe's will cut it for free; I'm not sure about Home Depot.

Use 100% silicone without any anti-microbial additives. GE Type 1 silicone can be found at Home Depot or Lowe's as well.

Don't buy a Ford Windstar.

Anyway, finally got some cash for this little project here. I have a glass tank I'm going to use for the sump, so can I use plexiglass dividers? Will the silicone be able to bond to the glass and plexiglass? If it can, 3mm or 5mm?

The silicone won't bond to the plexiglass but, if you use enough of it, it will hold the plastic in place just fine.

You can also get cut-to-size acrylic here. Cut-to-Size Plastic: TAP Plastics . I think somebody pointed them out on this site earlier, and I just ordered some pieces for my sump. Shipping is very reasonable.

Otherwise, find a local glass shop in the area, someone who makes custom windows or something. You just go in, tell them the size you need, and pick your pieces up in a few days. Just hit the edges with some fine sandpaper and you're good to go. 11.75" is the perfect baffle size for a 12" front to back deep tank. The height is up to you. :Cheers:

Back