A rock by any other name....

Axegod

Axegod
Good day,

I have been researching dry rocks for aquascaping and have narrowed my choices to
the popular "Marco rocks, key largo" and a type of "eco rock"

Premium Reefer Rock : Eco-Reefer, The finest marine rock in Canada!
This eco rock seems to share the same porous and lightweight properties as the Marco rock and both come form non-sea mined sources.The price is also about the same $2-3/lb.

I believe that it looks almost identical and the difference is the branding/ source companies.

In your experience, is there any difference between the two?

Cheers

They are probably close to the same. I got the dry rock for my 180g from Marcorocks and was very happy with it. Each piece was individually wrapped in bubble rock so there was very little breakage during shipping. I will definitely buy from them again when I need more rock.

Does Marcorocks ship to Canada? And if they do, is shipping much more expensive? I think that would be an important consideration.

Does Marcorocks ship to Canada? And if they do, is shipping much more expensive? I think that would be an important consideration.

They do ship to Canada, but the s/h charges for 50 lbs brought the entire price to about $180. ($110 base price). I also think this total did yet include tax.

I domestically get the key largo or eco rocks for about the same price, minus any surprises at customs. (I once ordered a used keg to be a brew-kettle from the US, price was $70, shipping was $25, customs was another $50 !!!)

One CAD source will ship for $20 (on orders over $150).....so any way Iook, 50lbs is about $200 all in.

Cheers

Better that then what it took too fill my 55 gallon, it was live rock, but i could have easily gotten nicer rock for half the price.

Always shop around lol.

Back