about coral

lisamarie806

Reefing newb
Can someone please tell me if the umbrella coral has another name. I was wanting to see some photos of it and how to take care of it. If anyone knows the real name of this coral please tell me what it is called.
Thanks.

It's easy to take care of. Low to moderate light, low to moderate flow. It will get slimy and slough off its outer skin every once in a while, so make sure there's enough flow to blow the old stuff off, or help it out with a turkey baster. No feeding required; it will get all it needs from the light.

Thanks for the info. I would like to know, when I place toadstool in the aquarium can it be placed at any level of the aquarium, do I need to attache the coral to a rock or in the the sand or will it find its own place.
Thanks for the help

You should put it in the bottom half of the aquarium, since they like low to moderate light. It should already be attached to either a frag plug or a piece of rock. Wedge whatever it's attached to into the rock where you'd like it to be. Or stick it in place using some epoxy putty.

Back