Acan id

MALO

Reefing newb
Can anyone plz help me id this acan my girl friend bought me.

Attachments

• acan.JPG
    acan.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 334
common names vary with acans and most are just called by there color as their name but some site give common names to the type they sell

Those are some good looking MALO Special Acans:D
Like Dustin said,The names vary widely.Even from store to store.But those are sharp,I like em.

I know of four types of acan-bowerbanki,echinata, ishigakiensis and lordhowensis.There could be more,not sure.You definitely have acan lords,as far as the nickname,your guess is good as mine.

Very nice!

They must be sought after because the guy that sells them said the price would make me fall over :shock:, and his prices are among the best in my area. He also carries all aquacultured / captive bred frags, which I fully support.

A decent sized Rainbow Acan will set you back several hundred dollars usually. Probably 30-40 bucks a polyp depending on just how colorful they are.

At my LFS, A Reef Creation in Buffalo NY, they kind of specialize in Acans and other high end corals. For a non-rainbow softball sized colony they range from 125-300 depending on size and color. For a Rainbow colony the size of a frag-disk you are looking at those prices or more. Just to give you an idea.

Back