Acrylic Bonder

BigH55

I'm that guy
Okay well my frag tank will be here tomorrow and I realized that I have no acrylic bonder to make my overflow. I would have had glass cages do it but I wasnt paying another $75 to have them put it in. Does anyone know where to get the stuff, or can I use silicone like on a glass tank? LMK quick. Do they sell it at Lowes or HD?

The stuff u need is made my a company named Weld-on. The same folks who make PVC cement. I looked all over for the stuff HD, Lowes, Graingers, etc..etc. I ended up getting it from my LFS from the guy that makes
custom sumps for them. It took them weeks but I think thats because they forgot to ask until the 6th time I reminded him.

Weld-on #16 is what they got for me. They have other #'s too and they very in thickness. The #16 is medium bodied.

Online would prob be your quickest way unless you can find a plastic supply co such as Alro Plastics, or you LFS can get it.....hope this helps.

if you are doing a small project use weld-on #16...... if you are doing a large project such as a sump or tank use weld-on #4 weld-on 16 is similar in consistancy to modelling glue, however I would not try using modelling glue...... weld on actually melts the acrylic together forming an almost permanent bond.... most plastics and acrylic manufactures sell it.....

weldon 3 dries really fast...... I gotta think it will be hard to work with...... you can purchase weldon 16 online and I would think you'd get it fairly quickly.... here is some vendors that sell it... http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=132& or here... http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Plexiglass_Glue or............ I'm pretty sure I have an extra tube laying around that is hardly used..... if you want to pay the shipping... I'll give it to you.... I would think priority mail if I could mail it today.... you'd probably have it tomorrow or saturday.... shoot me a PM with your address and I can get you a price... then paypal me the money and I'll get it on it's way...

Weld On 3 is not hard to work with. Get the plastic applicator with the metal needle tip on it and take your time. You will be fine.

I called a plastic shop in STL and they had the Weld-on 16. They told me it was 9 bucks but when I got there they said they had 1.5 oz sample tubes and just gave it to me. What a nice place. Made my day.

Its not a repair, I have to build an overflow for the tank. They wanted an additional $75 to put one in for me. I figured i could do it for about $5 instead. I still cant decide how to plumb it into the main system. Also, with the extra water volume do you think I should add more LR?

Okay. Im to sure i want it to be a reef. Just a tank to QT and grow out some frags. Im looking for some frags so you local guys need to pony up. JK. Bobby, you need to stop by again sometime and drink a couple beers and talk about reefing. I cleaned up my tank and got a canopy on it and its looking pretty good.

Yeah I seen the pics. Looks awesome. I wish I could swing by for a few, but been busy with school, and when I'm out the wife is working so I got kids.LOL

I do got a couple frags for you though when ever I head that way.

I purchased weld-on #16 off eBay. It was cheap and delivered to your door in three days. I used it to mend a wet/dry sump; it was recommended by the manufacture as the product to use with acrylics.

Back