Adams Newly Learned 75 gallon

AdamC

Reefing newb
Yes that's right I just learned that my tank is 75 gallons. I had been doubting it was a 90 gallon for sometime but I finally put the measurements into an online calculator to find out for sure. Goes to show you don't trust craigslist people! lol But oh well still a good deal, just might have to change whats in there right now.

Equipment:
T5 Lights- need new bulbs (old)
1 Emperor 400
1 Seaclone 100 skimmer
Coming soon: Sump/Ref build
mag pump
CPR aqua fuge pro small (somewhere around 25 gallons)
skimmer will be relocated here
Sump build will be built once I get the rest of the equipment (overflow, filter socks, bioballs, flex hose, maybe return hose will be pvc) and once I figure out how to get it properly seated and put together :frustrat:

Fish:
2 yellow Tangs (probably need to get rid of one or both now hence the 75 gallon, opinions on this matter are appreciated :) )
1 Royal gramma
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Coral beauty
1 gold/yellow lined cleaner goby
1 Rainfordi Goby

I would like to add eventually
1 flame angel
1 six line wrasse
or 2 fire gobies

2 anemone's
1 pink tip
1 long tentacle I think

Pictures to come!!

What do you guys think on the fish to much? no room for more? I like the small fish. Yellow tangs to much for the 75 gallon? Thanks guys!

I think you'd be ok with one of the tangs in your tank, two especially the same fish will most likely have issues when they mature.

I also think you'll have the same problems if you add the flame to your tank, the dwarf angels are pretty territorial and most people have issues adding them to smaller tanks.

Same goes for the six line, you will probably have issues with it and the RG, gobies, and fire fish.

How many bulbs do you have in the T5 fixture?

It is a 4 bulb fixture, 3 settings. One all blue, the other white, then white/blue.
I do not believe the bulbs have been changed and are 2 years old and was told they lose their effectiveness.

So the six line as well as the flame are aggresive and territorial even after adding them last?

Bulbs really should be replaced once a year, cheaper bulbs even more often.

You may be adding the flame last but there's another angel in the tank that's already got himself established. It's the two angels together that will be the issue.

I personally never had an issue with my sixline but, they can get crazy aggressive and a couple of the other fish you have are similar enough in shape to the wrasse that they would be likely targets for him.

There have been some that have had success with keeping two dwarf angels in small-medium size tanks (i.e. less than 180 gallons), but they were very careful in how they were introduced. They were slowly (over a couple months) introduced to each other in a separate tank, then added to the display together. Even then it doesn't always work, and coral beauties and flame angels tend to be two of the most aggressive angels of the centropyge group (I've done my research on these guys, as I wanted to add both to my DT at one time). I eventually decided on getting the African Flameback Angel instead, as it tends to be one of the mildest-mannered, most reef-safe dwarf angel out there.

OTOH, my six line would only pick on fish added after he was. He would harass the new addition for a day or two, and then never bother them again. Then I added a venomous-spined fish, and the wrasse ended up getting finned. Apparently he hazed the wrong fish and learned the hard way. I'm still debating on whether I want to try adding another wrasse..............

Back