Addicted

Samhain

Satin, Lace, and Sequins
Hi, my name is Meagan, and I'm a reefer addict....

OK, so I've admitted I have a problem. Now, on to the solution: bigger my tank! I've decided in a year or two, after I have some experience and padded the budget a bit, to upgrade to a 180 or 200 gallon tank. Going to continue with the reef, so any additions need to be reef safe or mostly reef safe. I will be keeping my current stock list of:

Royal Gramma, Six Line Wrasse, Flaming Prawn Goby (although he may get his very own pico tank), Tail Spot Blenny, Ocellaris, and Flame Angel or Coral Beauty (whichever one decides not to eat my corals, trying Flame first).

Planning on adding:

Mandarin
Achilles Tang
Powder Brown Tang,
Fancy Gumdrop Coral Croucher
Leopard Wrasse

On to the game we love: Any other stock list suggestions? I know I'll have room for more than that!

A reefer addict...are you sure you joined the right forum lol. You have plenty of time to plan. Moorish Idol's are pretty cool fish but can be hard to keep. Something like a Princess Parrotfish would be cool also. But it's not up to me...it's what you like. Just do plenty of research before buying any critters.

Maybe instead of the Leopard Wrasse check out the McCosker's Flasher wrasse? They are sooo beautiful and they are marked as "easy" while the Leopard is "expert" and I'm not saying you aren't an expert :)
I love that gumdrop coral croucher, what a cute face!
Isn't the planning fun? Can't wait to see what you pick and some pictures!

The planning is soooo much fun! And I am by no means an expert. I really like the flasher wrasses, McCosker's being one of my favorite. I might consider adding a harem of those instead of the leopard. They occasionally show up in the diver's den. Good suggestion! I also like the Moorish idol, but I didn't think parrotfish were reef safe. Am I wrong?

Parrots are for the most part not considered reef friendly. They chew on rocks to help with digestion and chew on some corals. I've heard of a few exceptions where they didnt bother corals but that is the exception and not the rule. I wasn't considering reef safe when I posted that...just a cool fish for a large tank.

Please dont get a moorish idol, no one has luck with them, those are best left in the ocean.

But i really love the naso tangs, a pair would be so cool

For those that don't get the reference, it's the way that everyone introduces themselves at AA and NA meetings. I'm a nurse and have had to attend as part of my schooling for psychiatric nursing. The opening line is "Hi, my name is _______, and I'm an __________(alcoholic, heroin addict, meth addict, insert flavor of addiction here). A little bit of an inside joke...:razz:, but I figured it was completely appropriate! I have a mildly twisted sense of humor.........

Back