adding a fish

diver

Reefing newb
Does anyone have some experience or insight here?

I looked @ a couple fish last night while buying some snails. A flame and a coral beauty angel, also a flame hawkfish and a redspotted hawkfish.

I have heard the coral beauty will lose some color or contrast. The flame is beautiful, but also $75! Is one or the other better for a liverock, mini reef type setup?
Same with the hawkfish, the flame is 3x as much. Any difference?

I am also open to any reccommendations for a community tank.

None make ideal candidates for a reef system.Still,many people try anyways.The angels may or may not nip on corals.The hawkfish is an ambusher....small fish,crabs,shrimps and snails can be made into a meal.

Clowns,reef-safe wrasses,gobies,blennies,dartfish,pseudochromis,anthias,tangs make the best and safest reef inhabitants.There's really to many to list individually.

My flame angel was about 50 bucks. That one must be a very large one almost at it's peak size. I would wait for a smaller one that way it will live longer and you can see it grow over time.

P.S.- There is a poll thread created by me about which one is cooller... The Flame or the Coral Beauty.

Reefs right on the money.If you like Flame angels and coral beauties,then keep in mind theres a 50/50 chance of them being reef safe.

I have had a coral beauty for a while and it never so much as looked at any of my corals until about a month ago, when it decided to eat a $120 colony of alveopora. Even if you do get one that behaves itself, there's no guarantee it will stay that way.

And Freak's right, hawkfish are definitely not safe around inverts or small fish.

Back