Hi im new here. I have a 45 gallon sump tank, 75 gal. Sump protien skimmer tank, 5 gal.

Packerbabe

Reefing newb
I have a well established 75 gallon tank. I have a pair of Clowns 5 years old, a Lawn mower blennie 5 years old. A chromis 3 years old, a blue damsel 5 months old, a Puffer 1 yr Old. After 5 months of my last added fish the damsel, i put a Coral beauty angel on hold for 2 months at my local store. I finally went to get her Saturday. I acclimated her for 10 min x4 =40 min with a cup of the tank water in her bag. I put her in, fed the fish. She hid for 3 days. Finally came out yesterday, and this morning she was laying against the glass between a rock in the sand. What do you think happend? I'm so UPSET over this. I waited so long to get her. She was living in a one gallon tank in there store for 6 months. When i went to get her, her light was off. The guy said she was $24.99 but that day i picked her up, no other fish were in any of the other tanks that connected together. She was the only one left besides some shrimp. Since i had put a deposit down on her and finally came to get her, i just got her and brought her home. Im devastated!!! I waited so long for her. Finally got her out of that hell hole store, and brought her into a beautiful 75 gallon tank. Im wondering if going from a 1 gallon petstore tank, to my huge tank with other fish stressed her out and she died. All my water levels are fine. :(

Welcome to Living Reefs!
Hello.gif

Sorry for the loss. Could be anything. Hard to say what kills fish after they're dead, and without any pics to show what it looked like. Could have been a parasite or bacterial infection. Could have been stress. Could have been your damsel or clowns -- both very aggressive species.

If you're not aware, clowns and damsels are in the same family. Both species are known to be aggressive and territorial, ESPECIALLY to new tank mates.

Back