Adding another expensive hobby to the list!

Gripenfelter

Reefing newb
Newbie to the Saltwater world. I'm a Canuck from Winnipeg, Manitoba. :^:!!GOLD FOR CANADA IN MEN'S HOCKEY FRACKIN RIGHTS!! :^: Sorry had to get that out.

Owned 2 goldfish when I was 13. One died. Donated the other one to the high school.

One of my other hobbies is modifying cars. I own a 2005 GTO with 450 hp. A 1993 Camaro which will receive a turbocharged LS3 soon.

I also have two dogs. An Alaskan Malamute and Belgian Malinois. I take them dog sledding. The Malinois is still a pup and just starting training. No pulling yet.

So looking to add a 100 gallon saltwater tank to our house. Know nothing about them. Thought I would spend a year learning about them before getting one. Looking to buy one in summer 2011.

Welcome, I'm a newb too, and I been learning for about 4 months now and I don't even think I've scratched the surface yet ... That year will definitely be helpful.
Brian

Congrats Canada!

Welcome to the site. Over a year of research will be of great value. With that much time it should alleviate most mistakes newbies make.

Canada also won the most gold ever at the Winter Olympics...Go Canada!

You are going to wait that long,huh?Welcome to site.

Canada also won the most gold ever at the Winter Olympics...Go Canada!

You are going to wait that long,huh?Welcome to site.

I have to let my VISA recover. Just bought some expensive toys for my cars, building a deck, building a play structure, and doing landscaping this year.

If I add a fish tank to that list, instead of bubbles I might be hearing the rustling of divorce papers. :helm2:

If I add a fish tank to that list, instead of bubbles I might be hearing the rustling of divorce papers. :helm2:

You are already one of us! One of the most valuable skills you will learn from others on this site is how to hide your new fish tank purchases! In many of our cases, our lives may even depend on it!! ;)

My fish tank is an educational tool for my son. He wants to be a marine biologist. Yeah baby score I can buy whatever I want for the sake of education.

My fish tank is an educational tool for my son. He wants to be a marine biologist. Yeah baby score I can buy whatever I want for the sake of education.

Yeah in my case my kids will either be dog sled racing champs, vets, marine biologists, automotive engineers, or professional video game developers.

Unfortunately for my kids I'm not done playing with "their" toys yet. :p

Welcome! I'm also from Winnipeg :) can I hear a go Toews go! lol

Anyways welcome to the site, if you need any advice on the LFS' just ask me:) nice to have someone else from Winnipeg on here lol

Back