Adding Macro-Algae

WarmSoda

Reefing newb
So I want to add some Chaetomorpha to my tank...

I have a wet-dry bellow my tank that used to have bio-media but I took it out for the obvious reasons. My plans were to put the Chaeto in the chamber were the bio-balls were; sounds like an idea?

Also, what kind of lighting should I put on the sump?

You'll just need regular old light bulb.Dont need to be anything special.
And the chaeto needs to be mostly submerged.It'll do better if its in a spot where it can kinda slowly tumble in the current.

I had a two 7 watt bulbs and one bulb died, then the chaeto started to die back and nitrates went up . I recommend a strong "plant light" from Home Depot. I now have 2 15 watt Halogen bulbs and the chaeto is growing, but Haologen bulbs generate too much heat. If the chaeto isn't growing such that you have to trim it back once a month then I would get stronger light.

You'll just need regular old light bulb.Dont need to be anything special.
And the chaeto needs to be mostly submerged.It'll do better if its in a spot where it can kinda slowly tumble in the current.

We'll I figured If I let it float in the bio-ball chamber the drip tray would give it a little love. Or is that not enough?

Also, I plan on ordering it from the Drs. Is one order enough to get me started?

We'll I figured If I let it float in the bio-ball chamber the drip tray would give it a little love. Or is that not enough?

Also, I plan on ordering it from the Drs. Is one order enough to get me started?
that plan sounds perfect as long as you can get light in there, also one order is more then enough but if you want two then its not a big deal

Back