adding protein skimmer

charlesp123

charlesp123
I am going to purchase a protein skimmer for my newer tank, I currently have a 30 gallon breeder tank(as shown in picture) and the sump is in the filter basin. I plan on adding another tank or two next to the filter for more tank volume and refugium. here is a schematic of my plan. was also wondering about types of protein skimmers, looking for one that is inexpensive and works ok. I have narrowed out the seaclone 100 or the coralife super skimmer needle wheel.

charlesp123-albums-fire-goby-leap-faith-picture2321-20130617-141239-edit.jpg

sidekick--- how long did you give the seaclone? I have been looking at reviews on youtube and they say it takes a week or so to get it working properly, and its inexpensive

He probably means get ahold of Dana.

I highly recommend an asm skimmer I used a seaclone and got rid of it after four months. Replaced it with an asm mini g.

Upgrading to the asm g3 when I upgrade my system soon

Last edited:
He probably means get ahold of Dana.

I highly recommend an asm skimmer I used a seaclone and got rid of it after four months. Replaced it with an asm mini g.

Upgrading to the asm g3 when I upgrade my system soon

This looks like a good skimmer, thanks for the input! Think I might go with this one for the price!

The price is awesome and it skims like crazy! If I remember after I get home from work today ill try to take some pictures of mine in action. It's a 80g rated on my 110g system so it's a little underrated. THIS TANK is not a successful tank yet but I had the same skimmer in a 40g total system for a year with zero issues! It will at least give you a good idea. It's pulls out a lot more now! I think it would be good for a 90g personally.

Now it pulls out pretty dry foam that makes a dark tea and a thick nasty sludge (very stinky) accumulates inside of the cup.

Back