Adrastos Build Thread

Adrastos

not getting a free ride
Finally.. moving forward with a tank again. I just bought a 75 gallon pre-drilled. It will be delivered next week.

Still tossing some ideas back and forth for filtration and lighting...

I am doing a natural filtration... just a pump in the sump and a powerhead or two in the tank. What sizes do you think I should go for?

I am going to put a wavebox in the tank as well.. but not at first.

Tank and stand arrived today. Yes.. I paid for delivery.. no way I was carrying this thing up the stairs to get to my main level...

DSC_0259.JPG

I''ll have the plumbing and pump ready to go (need to buy it first) by this weekend. There is a new shipment of lace rock coming in at the coral farm on Saturday.. so going to pick out probably enough to fill the tank... then the fun process of culturing the lace rock begins.

48 1/2" x 18 1/2" x 21 1/8"

not sure if it really is deeper than others.. but sure does look it in the picture. I know I had a 65 that was much taller than this one

So I have my lace rock and started my sump running .. I seem to have a constant flow of large air bubbles coming from my tank into the sump. How do I get rid of these?

I think I figured it out. I have a bit too much flow into my sump. When I restrict my drainage tubing I have get an even siphon into the sump. I'll reduce the end down tomorrow and I bet that will smooth it all out.

Happy now. I added a ball valve to my drainage tube and that fixed my flow problems (I forgot I had that same problem with my old tank). It's running smoothly now. I did a power failure test and my tank stops draining and a good level and doesn't overflow my sump. Now.. time to culture my lace rock.. boring part. I'll post a picture soon of my initial setup of lace rock

Back