Ahhh shit

Why do people always blame the LFS?
Does anybody want to take responsibility for there own actions?

I do. I'll do research before I buy anything. If I have any doubt I leave it. I take full responsibility for the fish that died. I must be jined because every fish I get die within a few days. :(

I hear so many times ''This fish store said that this thing will do great in my system'' and then someones says ''they are out to get your/our money''.Well of course they are but so are car salesman and realtors,Walmart.etc.I don't want to sound rude but ignorance isn't an excuse.Its simple,see what you like,go home and research then go back and buy another day.If it end up being sold,I'm sure the LFS can order you another.Thats what so great about today,the internet is a powerful source of knowledge.Something that wasn't available when I got into the hobby.

Thats my two cents.

LOL @ cgoodman381 for requiring to msg him if you wanna know what type of setup he has haha nobody on here is gunna hate on you for what you have dude!

LOL @ cgoodman381 for requiring to msg him if you wanna know what type of setup he has haha nobody on here is gunna hate on you for what you have dude!

haha i rushed through that when i signed up and i didnt know where the info was going. I have a thread in the 'introduce yourself' forum. Ill change update my specs when i find time, lol.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Hell, Matthew1048 has been signed up and posting on this site for over a year now and he does not even have a tank!

Heres the thing about LFS's.
They are there to make money.To make money they have to move the product.And just like anything else,some of folks that work in the LFS will do what ever it takes to make a sale.But there are also a few that would rather try to help you be successful in this hobby and actually try to help you make the right choices,but those are few and far between.

And Cgood,
We dont care if you have a tank or not.We all like to try to help folks get into the hobby and make the best choices.Tank or not,everybodys welcome here.

My LFS charges over 10 bucks per pound of LR! Down with the LFS!!!:chair:

Holy crap that's expensive. That is just crazy expensive. Some LFS' are nuts. I will be a homeless guy with a really nice marine tank if i shop there.

Last edited:
10 bucks a pound aint really that bad coming from a LFS.
Around here the same rock would got any where from 13 to 15 bucks a pound.

10 bucks a pound aint really that bad coming from a LFS.
Around here the same rock would got any where from 13 to 15 bucks a pound.

That's almost criminal expensive. I never seen anywhere selling them more than 6 or 7 bucks per pound. Thats the most expensive i have ever seen. Im in the west coast so maybe its completely different.

15 bucks is just crazy.

That's almost criminal expensive. I never seen anywhere selling them more than 6 or 7 bucks per pound. Thats the most expensive i have ever seen. Im in the west coast so maybe its completely different.

15 bucks is just crazy.

It seems that the further it is shipped the more it costs. Plus you have to factor in cost of running the shop because of property and taxes and also availability. Only one shop it town? Then you will have to deal with what they feel is a fair price. More than one? There might be a little bit more competition to drive the prices down a little.

Brian

Plus around here,we only have 2 decent LFS's to deal with.So were kinda screwed when it comes to reef stuff.

I see. Makes sense. Didn’t think about the location factor and that smaller cities have to deal with less options.

You'd still think that there is some standards everyone should go by instead of charging whatever they feel.

Back