Aiptasia?! NOOO!

ErinCahir

Sausage Wrangler
I have just discovered my first *gasp* aiptasia in my tank. :pooh:
So I will be going to my LFS after I pick up my son from school. So here's my question...
Peppermint Shrimp. What will they eat after the aiptasia is gone? Scraps and such or things I wouldn't want it to eat? I was just in on Saturday so I know they have them. I also know they don't have any aiptasia X otherwise I'd be getting that, too. Grrrrrr.

I would order some aiptasia X. I had three pop up in my tank 6 months ago from some new LR and got rid of them with the aiptasia X. I have 5 peppermints that may be keeping the other ones at bay.

Peppermints will do a great job with aiptesia. They are a hit or miss so make sure you get like 3 or 4 of them to increase your chances (even more if you can). They did a great job removing a ton of aips in a matter of a week or two for me...im talking about a good hundred of aips,.,

The good thing about pepps is that they will also prevent future aips from taking over the tank.

Thanks, cthegame... I was going to get at least five. I figured that would give at least one or two a good chance at surviving the trigger...

If you ever buy online, reefs2go.com has BOGO deals on peppermints and I think they have deals if you buy more then 10. I've got 10 in my tank not only for any aiptasia that pops up but also hoping they breed so I can get some free food in my tank.

Thanks guys! I didn't get out today... looks like I'll be going out Friday to pick some up. I figure it can't get that much bigger between now and then... right? :)

I got 'em yesterday. Five. Four now. (Dang that trigger).
I went searching with the flash light last night and saw three... but it's possible the fourth is really, really good at hiding. Haha.

Back