Aiptasia?

Crack31

Reefing newb
Hello all.

I am fairly new to reef tanks (6 months).

I am fairly certain I have aiptsia on the clam.

Is the other picture also aiptasia. They do not seem to retract when I touch them.

I've read the threads on aiptasia. What would be the best solution for the aiptasia on the clam?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• 108_0809.jpg
    108_0809.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 580
  • 108_0807.jpg
    108_0807.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,663
Ryan is right, the first is green star polyps, a desirable coral, although in some tanks (like mine) the spread so fast they could be considered pests!

The second pic is definitely aiptasia. If I were you, I'd get rid of it as they pack quite a strong sting and you don't want it to hurt your clam.

To get rid of it, I'd either apply a thick salt paste, kalkwasser paste or use Joe's Juice or another chemical specifically made to kill aiptasia that you can find at your fish store.

I also read somewhere you can use lemon juice. Dnno what it does to you tank though. The person to ask for a good home remedy would be fatman, im sure.

Another good way to kill aiptasia is with a hyperdermic needle filled with calcium.Just drive the needle in deep and inject it.

I havent figured it out yet, his bad attitude was his downfall although IMO he made a conscious effort to be civil in the open forums as of late. Tons of good information bad delivery sometime. I personally hope it is a temporary ban.

I concur,GSP and aiptasia.

You're going to have to kill the aiptasia.I can tell from your pic it is stinging the clam.I'm not sure what is a safe method considering it is so close to the clams mantle.

Back