Aiptasia!

Cam

Reefing newb
So I've never really had an issue with these in the past, when one would pop up I would typically just chase the little jerk into their hole and throw some glue on em and that would be that. But recently one popped up right next to my star polyps which is obviously stressing them out. I'm out of glue at the moment which isn't a big deal but I thought I'd ask what are other methods are people using to get rid of em? I've heard of products like aiptasia X but what can that do to the coral that it's right next to?

I like Aiptasia X the best. It comes with a syringe applicator so you apply it directly to the aiptasia, not to the corals. If you get some on the corals, just blow it off with a turkey baster.

Don't get a copperband. They don't do well in tanks long-term. That's not the solution. Plus if it's just a few, why bother with getting something to eat it. Just do AiptasiaX or Joe's Juice. Both have worked well.

Don't get a copperband. They don't do well in tanks long-term. That's not the solution. Plus if it's just a few, why bother with getting something to eat it. Just do AiptasiaX or Joe's Juice. Both have worked well.
Do you know any methods of feeding copperbands because I do.

if you wan't a fish that will eat it a copperband will destroy the population of apstasia

They'll also eat soft corals such as zoanthids as well. Chances are if it will eat Aipstaisa, it will also eat things you don't want it too. And as already stated, most copperband's do not do well long term in our tanks. If you really want to go down the fish route, a Klein's butterfly is a much better choice but they'll eat soft corals too

Do you know any methods of feeding copperbands because I do.

Sure you can get them to eat. I've seen them readily eat frozen at my lfs. Doesn't mean they will do well long term. This person has only one or two aiptasia. It does not warrant suggesting he buy an already finnicky fish just to eat the few he has.

Stuff worked like a dream those suckers are gone! Gluing days are over ha. Star polyps are still closed but I'm not too worried

Back