Air bubbles all over rocks????

AHill40

reefer head
Hello there my friends. Since Ive gottin those new to me t5... I came home from work only to notice that there thousounds of air bubbles all over my rock work (live rock) but not much air bubbles coming from my skimmer but the skimmer was runnnig was working over time and had filled the collection cup up a 1/4 way up and I had emptyed and cleaned It the night before. Could It be that the lights are so much brighter than befor and starting to cause more alge groth starting with the air bubbles??? :frustrat:

Cool Im learning something each week....Im fixing to do a bit of a Weeky water change, Is there any thing good to do to stop the bubble alge

Typically bubble algae will look like bubbles, only green and stay dormant on your liverock.

You can pick them out carefully (I would do it with the liverock out of the tank) making sure NOT to pop the bubble (that's how they spread).

You could pickup an emerald crab (they will eat bubble algae for the most part).

Good Luck.

I'm betting that the bubbles are from the algae on the rock producing oxygen.
The extra light is probably going to kick off some algae.My new lights sure did.

Art,PM me your number.

Ive also noticed bubbles when cyano starts forming. Is there red slime forming on the rocks as well. If so then thats cyano and not bubble alge.

I had the same thing when I upgraded my lights. When I did my water change I siphoned the area where the bubbles were real good. Then I cut down on my lights to give the tank time to adjust. Never did reappear.

Back