Altering the Live Rock positions in an established tank.

Unfortunately, the tank has scratches in it from a previous owner. I'll be trying to keep it off the glass for cleaning purposes, but just wanted to check there wasn't something I was missing.

I'll have a play tomorrow when I do a water change and see how I go. Very limited with what I can move anyway do to some of the coral.

But just to go one bit further than PRC,

Falling rocks can break glass. I have my rocks set agains the back glass. Just so they are a bit more stable. But it really is up to your own preferance

Actually thinking about making the rock a little higher in some spots to make a bit of a wall.

Is there issues if the rock is touching the glass, or is it better to avoid that type of situation?

I've propped up a lot of my LR on hidden PVC and it makes ti look higher. I have a koralia pushing water under the rock too. This prevents big detritus traps from forming under the rock and it makes many more hiding places for fish. The more hidding places, the less stress and agression between the fish.

I actually do not like propping the rocks against the back wall. Rocks can scratch the glass and I also like giving my fish the room to swim around the rocks. They do laps if you will.

Back