Ammonia Nitrite, Nitrate spike.

Smitty

Reef pro
In reference to your title, has your levels spiked...if so, then he may be dead. If you think that it spiked from moving the top rocks around...it hasn't from that. Have you checked your levels? And about the shrimp, what kind is it, because most shrimps are nocturnal and come out at night; or else he may have molted and may be hiding; or if he is still new, he'll have to get used to his surroundings before coming out. My blood shrimp stayed hidden for 3 weeks before he came out finally.

I have lost a shrimp and believe he is dead, I have moved most of the top layer rock, but still cannot locate him. How much will this affect my tank, and should I remove the rock to find him?

No they have not spiked, I checked when I noticed fewer of them, I found one dead, but the second one in question I have not located. I am hoping for the best. If he does not turn up should I dig through the rock to look for a body?

No. You will stir up more crap than if you left him alone. Shrimp are small. A shrimp body probably will not have any effect on your parameters.

chances are that is you have any crabs that you will never find the body anyway.

they are great scavengers and they will eat everything they can find.

Back