Ammonia

karisfish

Reefing newb
so about 5 days ago I picked up a nano cube that already had fish in it. I replaced the sand with live sand because the sand he had was sick. Anyway I did a water check today and My Nitite is 0 my nitrate is 0 my ph is 8.2 but my ammonia is .25ppm. What is the best way to deal with this just a water change? There are 2 clowns in the tank right now. I dont know why its going through a cycle when I used some of the water from when it was set up before kept the filter sponges wet and used new live sand and kept the live rock hmm..

I have found that any time I moved or redid the substrate in my tanks it cause a small cycle. I would definately do a water change

I am positive its from moving stuff around all the gunk that was in the old sand got swirling around and now the bacteria is trying to catch up.

On my fresh tank I changed from puka shells to floramax and this happened. I did small water changes every other day for about a week and the bacteria eventually took over and it went back to 0.

Back