Anemone Moving

Cottonwood

Lets move to Basketball..
I have only had my Anemone for like 3 days or so. This is the second time it has moved back to where I could not see it or get to it. The first time I dug out the rocks and moved it back up front. This time I have just left it, as I will have to move about 3 big rocks to get to it.

I'm worried I wont be able to feed it, it will die, and kill my tank. My clowns have been hosting it and it came from a tank with no clowns so maybe that is why it is moving. Will it move back out sometime so I can at least feed it? Any ideas or help would be great!:Cheers:

What kind?
We had a green bubble tip... he was a wanderer. He finally settle down with his foot wedged between two rocks, kind of sideways.
It was also suggested to me (when he was roaming) that I wait for him to stay put for a bit and then feed him. That worked for us.
I originally had him in the top half of my tank, he settled down in the bottom half, almost entirely out of the flow.

I was told its a rose, and when I googled it, it looked like the pictures so I'll go with that. Maybe that's why he moved, he was in some good flow. I just hope he doesn't settle behind all the rocks where he is now, I will never see him and will have to rework my rock just to feed him.

Thanks for the help, I'll wait for it to settle then before I feed it.

It will move to where it wants to be. I wouldnt worry too much about it. It will naturally pop out of the rocks at some point for light and food. You will be able to feed it then. No point in trying to move him around though. They will always end up where they want to be :)

Like everyone said, it will move to a spot it feels comfortable. Just let it settle where it wants. As far as feeding, I've had my sebae around 10 yrs and never once directly fed it. The mated pair of clowns it hosts brings it food when I feed them.

Wow, you've had a sebae for 10 years? Mine lasted a month.......the only thing I've successfully kept are bubbletips......):

I totally agree with Larry. Feeding an anenome is not a must. They get all they need from the lighting and water column.

Back