Anemone with Coral?

You just need to keep enough room in between where your anemone is and where you place corals. My zoas are starting to spread dangerously close to my nem but, I think I'm just going to see what happens since I've got a pretty big colony at this point.

Umm, does that mean that you should add the anemone first and let find a place to stay? Once they find a spot will they stay there?

not really, you shouldnt add a nem until after the tank is over a year old anyways. It will pick a spot where it wants to live, and then you just adjust from there. They might move later on if they decide they dont like that spot anymore, but usually a nem that is constantly wandering around in a sign of trouble.

If you know the specific needs of the type of nem that you'd like to keep, you can try to plan where everything in your tank goes from day one. Of course that can take lots of planning and theres still no garauntee that it will stay put.

If I do set up a reef tank it's not going to be for at least another 6 months. So I have plenty of time to think about it.

These RBTA's have stayed where I placed them for almost a year now knowing this would be their rock. Knock on wood they have stayed.

1031001251a-3.jpg

I have 2 Anemones and they seriously have stayed in place.

At first one stayed out of the light and current while the other liked the top and high violent water flow.

Now the one still likes the water and light while the other squeezes out from its under rock perch and enjoys a light current and constant light.

I also feed them much less than before. I noticed ever since I got better lights they barf when I give them too much food.

Thankfully I have tons of places for corals and flat surfaces. Only thing for me is I have a water line I know of where it is 20% water change limit and one Anemone is like .5 inch from it. But at least I know where 20-22 Gallons is. from the top.

Back