anemone

DavidA717

Soon to be Reef Expert
I have a bulb tip anemone that has been acting weird lately. I have had it for a week now, and it seems like about once a day, mostly at night but sometimes during the day, it will shrink up and sink into itself, but then the next day it will look better than ever. is this normal? how do i prevent it from happening if its not normal. thanks

system is 6 months old, hes eating fine, i usually feed him every other day or so, i have 200 watt pcs on my 30 gal

Is it moving around a lot? or kinda settled in one spot? Whats his color? post pics if you can.. There are a lot of peeps here with BTA's that can tell you by looking at it...

It's normal for them to shrink and expand like that. Especially if you are feeding it. When they retract their tentacles and shrink up, they're telling you that they're full and there's no need for them to try and find food for themselves at the moment.

it is also part of the feeding cycle for them to suck up water looking for food in the near-by water. They deflate to push out water when they are full. It happens to mine every few days. Don't worry unless it stays shriveled up for several days in a row

-Doc

oh alright, thanks alot, yeah it only stays deflated for a couple of hours at a time, but then it inflates again

Back