Angelfish compatibility

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I have a coral beauty in my 75 that I think is being tormented by my two tomato clowns. His fins are being nipped to shreds now and I would like to move him into my other tank. In the other tank I have two ocellaris clowns, my lamark's angelfish and a goby with a pistol. Will I have any problems having both those angels in the same tank?

Ya, especially in a smaller tank.

On a side note, neither of your tanks are big enough for the Lamarck's. Although they are the smaller of the large angels, they still need a 125 gal tank. At the very least you should switch the angels.

I thought about that but for one, the lamarck is a bit smaller than the coral beauty and from what I read the lamarck is even less aggressive than the beauty. I'm not sure that the tomatoes would just go after him also. As for tank size, he is still small and my goal is to combine these two tanks into a 125 or so and that should be in the next year or so.

If you introduce both angels into the new tank at the same time, you might be able to get away with having two angels. But introducing a new angel into the established territory of another has a high chance of them fighting to death.

Can you banish the clowns to the sump for a bit?

Back