Anone out there with an Orphek?

I would be very, very weary of these units. When I was researching my LED's I looked into these, and the only reviews I was able to find were obvious schills by someone involved with the manufacture of the units. They had a great introductory price, and then got quite expensive afterwards, I beleive they are on a similar price point to the Aqua Illumination units, but with the AI's you know exactly what your getting, not so with the Orpheks

I just looked it up, and 24 inches of Orphek LED's are $900. You can cover that same 24 inch space with a single AI Sol unit if mounted correctly, it costs less, and its a quality product

Last edited:
I would be very, very weary of these units. When I was researching my LED's I looked into these, and the only reviews I was able to find were obvious schills by someone involved with the manufacture of the units. They had a great introductory price, and then got quite expensive afterwards, I beleive they are on a similar price point to the Aqua Illumination units, but with the AI's you know exactly what your getting, not so with the Orpheks

I just looked it up, and 24 inches of Orphek LED's are $900. You can cover that same 24 inch space with a single AI Sol unit if mounted correctly, it costs less, and its a quality product

Most companies put out information in that format even if it's not as obvious....

Anyway....The manufacturer says you can cover more than the 24" by doing the same thing with their fixture as with the AI...move it higher.....

They are apparently coming out with a replacement for T5 and T8 tubes and posted it to their website. This could be a very good option for those of us who don't want to have to buy a completely new fixture.....

Is it worth all that extra money for LEDs just to save a few bucks on power every month and not have to replace the bulbs as often?

I am thinking about LED for a 120 I want to do and am going to have to do everything from the ground up. So I am trying to do it at the level that will keep me current as long as possible. MH has been the good old stable for so long....

I like the LED for a couple of reasons....
1. No bulb changes.
2. Clean line fixtures. Look good hung neatly.
3. Doesn't light up the entire room when they are in use.
4. Temperature control.

Back