Another heater down

kevdogg

Reefing newb
Ok, so now this is the 3rd heater in the past year... I'm using 2 marineland 400W heaters. Also the bad heater is always on the same side of the tank. Is is possible that that side is being overworked? I have the temperature set at 80 on the bad side while the good side is set at 84. Any ideas???

I guess its a possibility, perhaps a bad electrical outlet?

Heaters suck, I've replaced 3 in the last year as well. I went as far as to buy two new ones to replace the last one that went down, so I don't have to go chasing after a new one the next time a heater fails

didnt marineland heaters have a recall ?

i switched from marineland to another brand that i cant recall atm lol

didnt marineland heaters have a recall ?

i switched from marineland to another brand that i cant recall atm lol

Yeah the stealth heaters were recalled and I got free replacements for those. The ones that I now use. With my FW tank I used the same heater for at least 5 years without a problem.

I do have several extra heaters that I keep on hand for just this occasion. I just am sick of buying new heaters every few months.

Any brands more reliable?

Sorry about your heater bad luck. I've actually had great luck with heaters. I also had the stealths that were recalled. I ended up replacing them with 2 Via Aqua heater w/ external controls. I kept my stealths, since mine seem ok, and I only use them to heat up my change-out water (and I only use them when I'm nearby for quick action in case it does catch on fire LOL) I've also kept pretty much all of my heaters that I've had over the years.

So what about 800W or 1000W heaters? I'm thinking about one for my new sump build with a 400W installed for extra measure. I'm thinking JBJ or Finnex? Do any other brands meet this wattage? I cant seem to find any other brands.

Back