another hitchiker

fishbait

I found Nemo
noticed another hitchiker when i turned my lights on this morning. i know he's some type of slug. but what kind? is he reef safe or do i need to git rid of him?
aquarium001.JPG

yeah, the picture doesn't do justice for him. he has a purplish hump on his back.it's pretty neat looking. he is muching away on the algae right now. if thats all he does then he's my best friend.

thanks for bailing me out again on a i.d. biff. i can't ever find what i'm looking for on melev's reef. the link didn't take me to the right place. but your'e description sounds exactlly like what i have. thank's again

Hmmm sorry about the link... I don't know why it won't work. Go to Melev's Reef - Visual Identification then click on snails... The stomatella can be found in the second row, second column. But you'll probably find lots of stomatellas all over your live rock if you look carefully at night, they blend in pretty well.

Last edited:
Thanks Biff,I've seen a few of these too and was wondering what they were.I saw one climb the glass and laid eggs I think.

that link worked great biff. it's kinda ironic, because that's the same picture you showed me a week or two ago with the soribide worms that i was asking about. did everyone else hear that loud pop? that would would be the sound my head makes when i pull it out of my butt.

Back