Another light Question

jermpool

NAAO President
I have decided to get the 3 250 watt MH for my 125. What should I add for my actinics? Please post a link for a specific fixture if you can. I am currently thinking an icecap 660 with 4 36" vho. Any input is greatly appreciated.

i'd go t5. are you looking for a fixture that incorporates 3 mh and actinics or something that you are going to retrofit? If you are going to retrofit i'd suggest the teklight fixture retro kit.

no he has the hqi already he is wanting to add actinic to the tank you know my oppinion jerm just go with 2 somewhere around 8-10,000k and the one in the middle 14-20,000k you should be fine.

yeah you dont need it with anything above 14,000k I just think he wants a white look to it as well I think both of mine or going to be 14s as well.

my current light fixture is an outer orbit by current usa and it has 3 150 watt de hqi and pc actnic 4 96 watt and the thing is huge weigh like 65 pounds. so next lights are going to be 14k or more, and jermpool be carefull with three light setup ofset middle cause my middle brace on my 125 makes a 4" shade spot in middle of tank thats why i'm going to 4 bulb setup

IM000795.JPG

IM000789.JPG

Thanks d. I was hoping that the lights on the sides would fix that but I guess it doesn't. I've gotta rethink this whole light issue again.

Back