Another missing fish

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Cant find my last fire fish anywhere today. Does anyone know a Priest that will perform an exorcism on a fish tank? Could a shrimp be doing this? An emerald crab? :shock::frustrat: Still have my clown and my goby (he covers his hole with rocks at night to keep the evilness away) I can't move them any suggestions???????

Neither the shrimp nor the emerald crab would do it unless its a coral banded shrimp.

Some times I dont see my goby for a week and he will only come out at night now that ive added a tang. One day I heard something and I went over to the tank and couldnt find my wrasse at all. I was freaking out for like 30 min and I even took turned off the system and took out the pipes in the overflows to make sure he wasnt stuck there.
The next day I was sittin in class and my roomate texted me and said he saw him the next day.

He might still be alive but if you dont see him for a couple of days I wouldnt get my hopes up.

Sorry to hear about your loss catherine. Did you check the floor around your fish tank? Yes a shrimp could do this IF its a coral banded shrimp otherwise its not likely. Emerald crabs, no.

One day I heard something and I went over to the tank and couldnt find my wrasse at all. I was freaking out for like 30 min and I even took turned off the system and took out the pipes in the overflows to make sure he wasnt stuck there. .

That reminds me of our old friend cory (hotimportknight) :mrgreen:

I had a yellow coris wrasse jump out a year or so ago.Looked everywhere,the floor,inside the stand,in the filters.Nothing.Then when I broke that tank 6 months later,I found him.Stuck to the edge of the stand,behind the tank.
Hate to hear your tanks gone sadistic.

Didn't you have a post a couple days ago about a mysterious creature in your tank? Did you ever find out exactly what that was? If not is it possible that it might be a mantis shrimp?

I am sad to hear you lost your fish. I could be caught in anyting or on the floor near your aquaruim iin the stand. I wouldnt recommend moving evrything in your aqauruim because it might make the other fish streesed out. Good Luck!!

The alien isn't a shrimp unless shrimps have claws. The only bit we got a good look at was the claw. I think that's some kind of crab. I pulled apart my whole rock stack looking for the thing and I just can't find it. The problem is, I've lost 3 fish in the same number of weeks, what's up with that? I don't want to replace anything until I've figured out whats happening to them. If they jumped, there's a good possibility my cats carried them off. If they died in the tank, I've got tons of crabs to clean them up for me. It seems like my tank is cursed! Thanks for the advice.

Mantis shrimps do have claws. I think you should start investigating them, because I would guess that is probably what you are dealing with.

Back