Another QT question

bhill27

Reefing newb
i heard its best to qt your fish for a while before putting them in your display tank, should they be in a qt that is treated with medications or just regular salt water?

A QT is a nice quite place for your new fish to go chill and adjust ,either from being shipped in a dark cold box or being chased and harassed at your LFS ....it is a regular normal saltwater set-up....i ALWAYS QT new fish ....i now use a rubbermaid 30 gallon bin...i usually let them hang out for a few days then preform hypo....

Some people set up their QT tank and medicate it with copper or else, do the hyposalinity method. It's a place for them to relax and also become parasite free.

I think most treatments last more than a week and it may be a good idea to let the relax in the QT for a few days before you start treatment so they don't become overstressed

I think most treatments last more than a week and it may be a good idea to let the relax in the QT for a few days before you start treatment so they don't become overstressed
+1 ......,i would not introduce the new fish to a tank already going through treatment

Back