Another round of Ich

cthegame

Reef enthusiast
Just as i thought my tank was Ich free after quarantining all my fish for a good 6 weeks or so (few months ago) i noticed my Coral beauty with white spots again. So, once again i removed all the fish except the Cardinals because i cant catch them.

I have 3 questions as follow:

1. I have never seen my cardinals get ich or any other diseases...can i sill battle ich in the main tank with the cardinals inside? Chases are that they will never get ich from what i have seen thus far...

2. Why dont my cardinal ever get sick but all my other fish have had a diseases of some kind. All except the cardinals.

3. Why did i get Ich again in the main tank when i never introduced a new fish (except a third Cardinal which i quarantined for a week) to the main tank after i thought ich was gone? Does this mean Ich is always present in the tank no matter what i do?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know about your cardinals, but ich is always present in all of our systems. Ich outbreaks occur when the animals become stressed. It lies dormant the rest of the time.

bacteria is always in our tanks. Just like germs abound in the air we breathe. When stress hits, immune issues happen and they get sick. DIfferent fish respond to stress differently. Some fish can handle you touching and playing with them, while others literally die from fear and stress for no reason (damn Moorish Idols). If your tank is in too high of a traffic area or kids tapping on the glass, lots of things can cause stress

-Doc

Back