queenangel77

Reefing newb
I have a 72 gallon bow tank. 30 gallon refug. It currently holds
-2 false percs
-double bar rabbit fish (4 inches)
-blue cleaner wrasse (2 inches)
-pink square anthias (3-4 inches)
-pink watchman goby (2-3 inches)
Numerous snails/blue legged crabs for cleaning.

The questions is... Can I ad another fish? How many? I would like to ad a Tang to eat the algae from the rock and possibly something else small (fire angel???). Anything that will grow larger will be transfered over to a 265 which I am currently working on setting up.

The water is changed frequently and I never have spikes in my ammonaia/nitrate/nitrite. I watch them religiously. Any siggestions on fish?

You could add a tang. Most of them will do fine in a 72 gallon tank, especially if you have plans for a bigger tank. I don't think your tank is close to being overstocked, so I'd also say it's okay to add an angel if you want. Just be sure to leave at least 3 weeks in between additions.

i would also add atleast one more anthias because they are a schooling species
I tried to do that. i had another one a that came from the same tank that I bought this one and he did not like her. They were fine at the store, and hated eachother in my tank. I had to return the female for the safety of both of them. I plan on trying another one in the future. I might wait til the 265 is up and running and try for 3 or 4 more.

depends on what kind of algae you have
I have a green algae and red algae (cyano). the algae on the rock is very minimal. The cyano is a pain in my a$$, as it is for everyone. I just put in some cyano remover so hopefully in a few days it will be gone. I also have a little bubble algae on 1 live rock, but the rabbitfish eats it for some reason and likes it.

I have a green algae and red algae (cyano). the algae on the rock is very minimal. The cyano is a pain in my a$$, as it is for everyone. I just put in some cyano remover so hopefully in a few days it will be gone. I also have a little bubble algae on 1 live rock, but the rabbitfish eats it for some reason and likes it.
cyano growing is an indication that you have dead spots in your tank so get more flow and it will go away

Look at the Atlantic Blue Tangs.Another one of my favorites is the Yellow eyed kole tang.

Thanks Yote. OFF TOPIC BUT.....found a nice 6 point half rack today. Still looing for the other half. 140-150 class B&C. Love when the deer horns fall off. Almost as good as bow hunting.... ALMOST........

cyano growing is an indication that you have dead spots in your tank so get more flow and it will go away
I figured as much. I found a powerhead that claims to be 600gph to not even be close to that. I think the motor is going out on it. I ordered 2 koralia 3s 25 minutes ago, and they should be here by friday. :bounce: Thanks for the info.

well they are on sale, and if you bought both of them that wouldnt even add up to there most expensive fish they have for sell for now

Good point dustin. They are on sale. I think il get 2. (Hmmmmm) wonder if they finance). J/K:frustrat: Hell of a fish though. Hope those lottery number come up tonight. What is there most expensive? I will have to look

Back