another tank

fjoanne

Reefing newb
been thinking about setting up another tank. my biggest SW so far is a 46 gallon but I want to go bigger.
problem is I live in an apartment.
What's the biggest you think I would be able to get?
I have a 55 gallon FW but I want to go as big as I can with my next SW tank.
do you think 90 gallons is too big? could I go even bigger?
eventually I will move again (probably not for at least 4 years) how hard would it be to move a larger fish tank?
thanks for any help you can give

its really all about the same as far as moving, its just a question of how many trips and or how many friends it takes to get it done...

I dont know about where you are, but around here, you have to pay an extra deposit if you keep fish, and you have to pay a bigger one if the tank is bigger than X gallons, and there are some limitations on the max size if your not on the grounnd floor due to the weight of the water and whatnot...

just something to think on....

yes I think it should hold shouldn't the ground floor be solid? It doesn't creak or anything. how many people does it take to lift a 90 gal?

No matter the size of tank, they are a pain to move. The smaller the tank the less involved, but the process is the same no matter the size of tank. If you have a couple people to help you then of course it is much easier.

You should also check the "by-laws" of the apartments. Some will forbid aquariums of aquariums over a certain size.

my apartment knows I have aquariums but they don't know how many and didn't ask what size. There's also nothing in the lease that says anything about aquariums. should I ask them about it? i'm a little afraid to ask now just in case they say the biggest is like a 30 gal or something and they try to make me get rid of my bigger ones.

thanks everyone for all the replys
so a 120 gallon would be do able in a apartment? that's awesome. bigger than I thought I could go.

I have a 125g freshwater that started a leaking and my girlfriend and I broke it down and changed it out for another one by ourselves. Two girls moving around a 125g. You should be fine. Enjoy your larger tank!!

Back