Another update

DavidA717

Soon to be Reef Expert
ok heres my most recent update on my 30 gallon. i originially had 28lbs of live rock, but i just added 8 more pounds, so now i have 36lbs of live rock. today i just added a scooter blenny, two false percs, and i got a little carried away and got a few frags. here are some pics...

CIMG0076.jpg

CIMG0075.jpg

CIMG0082.jpg

CIMG0083.jpg

current params:
PH: 8.1
Salinity: 1.025
nitrate: 0
nitrite: 0
ammonia: 0
dkh: 6ish (using an increaser for this)

Be careful about adding too many fish to quickly, that's an easy way to crash a new tank...the bacteria has to build up gradually to be able to handle the increased bioload. Be prepared to do a water change if your parameters start to spike. But it looks really good!

Looks great-nice additions to your tank.The clowns must be real tiny cause they look like they are swimming in a much larger tank.

Oh and great aquascaping too!

I agree with biff, be careful. The rockwork, fish, and corals all look great though. I love the aquascaping, I also have a 30 and could never get mine to really look good. Well atleast in my opinion. Good job!

lookin nice. though isnt it a bit early for a scooter? im afraid there might not be enough food for it for a recently established tank. im told 6-8 months after the tank is established and has enough food in the substrate for it to eat is best for it. though i might be wrong. i love scooters though =]

Scooters usually learn to accept frozen foods fairly easy( dont hold me to that).Just keep a close eye on him.
Tank looks great.

Scooters usually learn to accept frozen foods fairly easy( dont hold me to that).Just keep a close eye on him.
Tank looks great.

I once said that about a Mandarin. But if you really do have a problem you can always buy live pods. They cost some $$$$ though.

yeah i do think it was a little early for a scooter, but the fish store i went to said he was eating frozen just fine, but i guess ill see how it goes, it was my fault for not researching them more before making an impulse purchase

oh yeah, and those clowns are extremely small, never seen them that small except for in the store that i got them from. hopefully they will pair up

ehh, it's ok, as long as it doesnt starve i say! =] i actually really want to get one soon as well, maybe another month or so.*cough* yeah im a hypocrite =p but they're so cool.

Heres a little trick to use when your about to impulse buy:
Ask the employee's at the LFS to feed the tank that the fish your looking is in.9 times outta 10 if the fish is going to do good ,it will get in there and compete with the other fish for food.

Back