Another wavemaker for my 60 gal?

Nimboli12

Reefee
I have 1 wavemaker in my 60 gal now, 2 flow rate . 600gph. Its a Korila. When I put my hand in front of the flow it really doesn't seem that strong but I do see movement in the water..

I know I need 2 wavemakers. With my corals should I stay with 600's or go a little higher, Any advice on what brand?

You really dont need wavemakers, but you do need more flow. In a 60 gal you should aim for having around 1800 gph of turnover. So i would get at least one more powerhead rated for 600 gph

Wow. I think that's why a couple of my corals haven't looked the way they should. Especially my Toadstool. I think the Salt level. was too low ,(now its &.025) not enough flow & I could use more lighting. When I fix these issues if I see My Toadstool booming I'll be so excited.

Thank You:bounce:

Not sure but I think you are calling wavemakers what are really powerheads. If you have a Hydor Koralia now that is a good brand of powerhead. Effective and reasonably priced. I have a 60 gallon tank and right now I have 2 Hydor Koralia 750's in it along with other flow and it provides fairly good water movement at 25+ gph. For a 60 you need at least 2 powerheads and I would go with a 750 or even a 1050 along with your current one.

Little fish, many people on the site have lost livestock and didn't mean to "Kill" them. I have worked hard to make all perameters in my tank up to proper standrard for all my livestock including my "nem"..

I hope the others here who are experienced as yourself do not tell members or allude to members they should be happy they haven't "Killed" something in their tanks. Your response was offensive.

Please renenber we are here to learn..

Your right, im sorry for my bad response, but i get very very upset when people buy an animal without doing the proper research and making sure they can provide proper care for that animal. Especially when it will likely end in that animals death.

It is offensive to me that you could care so little for another creatures life that you couldnt even take time to properly research what that animal need.

And i will re-iterate what i said again, you should be happy that the nem hasnt died. Were you aware that they can nuke your whole tank when they die?

No, I didn't know that they can nuke my tank. But I am giving the nem proper care. I have asked others about them that have a different opinion than yours. Im sure there are others here that have had a BTA that have not known everything about them that they should. I could not supply the Heniochus with the proper care they need after researching on LA even though I tried. Others here have tried keeping butterfly's and have failed. Does that jmean they did not take the time to research ? Im sure that many experts have lost a nem.whether they did research or not.

The fact is that if you have the experience & knowledge to give to others PLEASE give it professionaly. Why not use a positive tone such as "glad to see lyour trying to do all you can with your fish,k corals, and inverts?" or, "Im sure you'll be able to di it" or, "hey, how is your nem doing?

ANYWAY ! back to my powerhead issue. I"ve gotten a Marineland Maxi-Jet 1200 for my tank, It does not have a magnet, only suction cups but the opening moves back & forth easier.. Im looking into more lighting this weekend.

Back